In the past, you may have heard us reference the saying, “Sitting is the new smoking.” While it might be hard to believe that simply spending too much time in a seated position can possibly damage your body as much as tobacco does, it’s entirely true.
Here are six different effects of over-sitting.
1. Your metabolism can slow down. Decreased muscle use can lead to a slower clearance of fat from the body and decrease the effects of insulin.
2. It can lead to chronic pain. Sitting for too long, especially at a desk, can cause excess pressure on certain parts of the body, like the lower back.
3. You’ll have less energy. Sitting too much means moving less. Movement, like going for a brisk 20-minute walk, can up our energy levels quickly.
4. It can increase your risk of heart disease. Leading a sedentary lifestyle is tied with a higher risk of heart problems, among other issues.
5. Our mental health suffers. In fact, studies have indicated that sitting indoors and communicating with others strictly online can reduce social skills and affect psychological well-being.
6. Your posture becomes compromised. More pressure is put on lumbar discs when sitting instead of being distributed equally. This causes the pelvis to rotate backward, which can sometimes lead to our head moving forward.
Your body was made to move. If movement has become difficult for you, we’re here to help. Contact us to learn more about how our SMAART Mrthod may help restore function to your daily life.
If you have any more questions then please free to email us at email@example.com or call us on 0811-3915-339
Yours in Health and Wellness
The Team at Spinalogic
LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This article (including links to any/all website pages, blog posts, blog comments, forum, videos, audio recordings, etc.) is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider. Any application of the recommendations in this post is at the reader's discretion. BNBC and Spinalogic Wellness are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this email. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this article.
Bali Neck and Back Centre by Spinalogic's philosophy is to be family-friendly. They help clients of all ages, from newborns to the elderly, and are particularly passionate about correcting the more difficult cases of scoliosis. They also enjoy rescuing the long-term sufferers of low back pain, neck pain and shoulder pain who have been told they will require surgery.