While a traumatic event or injury is typically the culprit of sudden shoulder pain, there are many other causes that can lead to tension and mobility issues.
Here are a few of the most common issues we see in the practice.
1. Rotator cuff injuries. This type of problem doesn’t always come from sudden trauma. In fact, years of wear and tear can lead to eventual rotator cuff tears. They typically occur in the dominant arm and are more common as you age.
2. Bursitis. All over your body, you have thin, sac-like structures called bursae, which helps to keep soft tissues from rubbing against your bones. Sometimes, bursa can experience too much friction, which leads to inflammation and ultimately, pain.
3. Arthritis. This can occur in any joint in the body. When a person experiences shoulder pain without a known injury, it may be caused by osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
4. Frozen shoulder. Also known as adhesive capsulitis, this type of pain happens when the tissue surrounding the shoulder becomes tightened, which restricts movement and makes function difficult.
5. Spine problems. That pain you feel in your shoulder may not actually be caused by a problem in your shoulder. Herniated discs and misaligned spinal bones can cause pain to occur in the arms, hands, and even shoulder.
At our centre, we often work with clients struggling with shoulder pain through natural, gentle adjustments. If you’re interested in finding out more about how our SMAART Method may help, contact us today.
If you have any more questions then please free to email us at email@example.com or call us on 0811-3915-339
Yours in Health and Wellness
The Team at Spinalogic
LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This article (including links to any/all website pages, blog posts, blog comments, forum, videos, audio recordings, etc.) is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider. Any application of the recommendations in this post is at the reader's discretion. BNBC and Spinalogic Wellness are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this email. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this article.
Bali Neck and Back Centre by Spinalogic's philosophy is to be family-friendly. They help clients of all ages, from newborns to the elderly, and are particularly passionate about correcting the more difficult cases of scoliosis. They also enjoy rescuing the long-term sufferers of low back pain, neck pain and shoulder pain who have been told they will require surgery.